vegan chickpea tacos
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 15 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 tacos each
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 8 corn taco shells
- 2 cups baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa (medium or hot)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy sour cream
- Place avocado in small bowl and mash with fork. Stir in chickpeas, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic; season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Set taco shells in napkin-lined basket. Place salad greens, salsa, and non-dairy sour cream in separate bowls. Set out alongside chickpea-avocado mash.
- To serve, let each person build there own taco by filling each shell with 1/4 cup chickpea-avocado mash, some greens, salsa, and non-dairy sour cream.
per serving: 375 calories, 19g fat, 4g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate, 10g fiber, 11g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.