- Clean green beans in water, trim stem ends and cut into 2-inch pieces. Drop into boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and plunge into a bowl of cold water with ice to immediately stop cooking.
- Place canned tuna in a bowl and separate with a fork. Add rinsed cannellini beans, red onion, tomatoes, celery and green beans and toss to mix.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Gently toss to distribute.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours. May be kept at refrigerated temperature for 3 days.
- Serve over mixed greens or cooked and cooled regular or gluten-free pasta.
- *use 1 ½ cups of cooked/prepared dry beans
per serving(using canned beans): 200 calories, 4g fat, 1g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 8g sugars, 20g protein
per serving(using prepared dry beans): 210 calories, 4g fat, 1g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 7g sugars, 20g protein