- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F–400°F). Place steak in a large bowl; set aside.
- Place cumin seeds in a small skillet. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or just until fragrant, stirring or shaking skillet occasionally. Add oil, jalapeño and garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice, cilantro (if desired), and salt to taste. Pour over steak cubes; toss to coat.
- Alternately thread steak, squash and bell pepper onto skewers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill, covered, 10 minutes or to desired doneness, turning occasionally. Transfer to a platter, and serve.
- *Use caution when handling hot peppers. Wear disposable gloves or wash hands in hot, soapy water afterward.
- †If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.
- *If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 210 calories, 10g fat, 2g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 26g protein