prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 18 minutes
ready in: 33 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1.5 cups each
- 4 sheets (12"x 18"each) heavy duty aluminum foil
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- Preheat oven to 450°F or preheat grill to medium high. Center one-fourth of corn on each sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Top with shrimp and salsa. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil.
- Bring up sides of foil and double fold. Double fold ends to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside the packet. Repeat to make 4 packets.
- Bake 14–18 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven or grill 12–18 minutes in covered grill. Open to allow steam to escape and enjoy. Serve with chili rice.
- To prepare rice while packets are cooking, follow package directions, adding bouillon cube to water. Stir chili powder into cooked rice.
per serving: 390 calories, 5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 175mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 62g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 24g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.