- Slice salmon into 4 sections if fillets are large. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant and translucent. Add salmon to skillet and cook for about 1 minute on each side, just until lightly browned, then sprinkle with rosemary, thyme and lemon zest.
- Pour chicken stock into skillet, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until fish is opaque. Remove salmon from skillet and keep warm. Simmer pan juices for a few minutes to reduce the volume.
- Place the broccoli in a pot with 1/2 cup water and cook on medium high heat until broccoli is crisp/tender, about 15 minutes (or cook in a microwave-safe covered dish on high about 8 minutes). Drain broccoli and keep warm.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet, add red pepper slices and sauté until crisp/tender. Remove peppers and add walnuts to skillet; sauté until fragrant and lightly browned. Add peppers and walnuts to broccoli.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Arrange each plate with a serving of salmon, brown rice and the broccoli mixture. Spoon pan juices over the salmon and rice.
per serving: 350 calories, 13g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 30g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 30g protein