roasted winter vegetables
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 turnip
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 potato
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried rosemary or 1-½ Tablespoons fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel and cut vegetables into 1 inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Mix rest of ingredients in a measuring cup or small bowl. (Crush rosemary and fennel with a mortar and pestle if desired.) Pour mixture over vegetables and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring about every 10 minutes.
per serving: 170 calories, 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 26g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 2g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.