- For the marinade, in a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, 1 teaspoon of the oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour half the marinade over beef. Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours. Reserve and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard this portion of marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over high heat. Add beef; stir-fry 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add broccoli and reserved marinade; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms (if desired). Stir-fry 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Serving suggestion: serve over white or brown rice
per serving: 355 calories, 16g fat, 5g saturated fat, 125mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 3g sugars, 44g protein