mexican cilantro slaw
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or to taste)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed and cut into julienne slices
- 1/3 cup red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced (or pressed)
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Place the cabbage, cilantro, red pepper, onion and chilies in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the rest of the ingredients. Shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw, and toss to coat well.
- Marinate refrigerated, tightly covered with plastic wrap, for at least 12 hours, tossing frequently.
- Drain, and serve well chilled.
per serving: 35 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 3g sugars, 1g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.