island mango salsa
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 15 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1/3 cup each
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 mango (fresh or frozen), diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red, yellow or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia (sweet) onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves or 1 Tablespoon dried
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes, juiced)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Salt and pepper are optional.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes about 2 cups.
per serving: 40 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 1g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.