grilled tuna with lemon and capers
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 12 minutes
ready in: 22 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4 oz. each
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons capers (drained and chopped)
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ lb. tuna steaks (about 1 1/2 inch thick)
- Mix garlic, capers, lemon juice, oil and pepper in bowl or plastic bag. Add tuna to bag and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat grill. Grill tuna on medium high for 8 minutes per side for medium doneness (less if you like rare and more if you prefer well done). Spoon additional marinade over tuna as it cooks.
Suggestion: Serve with grilled asparagus and a side of quinoa
Per serving: 247 calories, 7g fat, 2g saturated fat, 77mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 40g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.