ginger spiced mashed sweet potatoes
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2/3 cup each
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- Pierce each sweet potato twice with fork so excess steam can escape while cooking.
- Microwave on high 5-10 minutes or until tender, turning over halfway through cooking. Let stand 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Remove skin from sweet potatoes.
- Place sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients in large bowl. Mash until smooth and well blended. Serve immediately.
Note: Recipe provided by McCormick®.
per serving: 180 calories, 6g total fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 29g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 7g sugar, 3g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.