fresh vegetable medley
prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 9 minutes ready in: 19 minutes makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 1/2 lb baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 bag (6 oz.) baby spinach
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook carrots and red onion until slightly softened and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and garlic and sauté about 2–3 minutes.
- Add spinach and parsley, continuing to sauté until spinach is wilted, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasonings with additional salt and pepper and serve immediately.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.