fresh tomato confetti pizza
prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 15 minutes ready in: 35 minutes makes: 8 servings, 1 slice each
- 1 pkg. refrigerated prepared pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 green pepper, washed and cored
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen whole corn kernels, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, washed, dried and snipped into tiny bits
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Make sure the rack is in the center of the oven. On a cutting board, dice tomatoes, mushrooms and green pepper. Remove pizza dough from package (following package directions) and place on cookie sheet.
- With oven mitts on, place in oven and bake 3 – 4 minutes. Remove pizza dough from oven and place on heatproof surface.
- Spread pizza sauce on the dough with spatula. Then scatter the tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper, whole corn kernels and oregano on top of sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Wearing oven mitts, place pizza in center of oven and bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until the crust is nicely browned. Remove from oven wearing oven mitts and let cool 3 – 5 minutes before cutting into 8 slices and serving.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.