fresh green bean salad
prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 25 minutes ready in: 40 minutes makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 5 cups fresh green beans, cut into 3–4 inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook beans in salted, boiling water for 8 –10 minutes or until crisp tender. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large salad or mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss lightly.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to allow flavors to come together before serving.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.