dried cherry wild rice
prep time: 5 minutes cook time: 25 minutes ready In: 30 minutes makes: 10 servings, 3/4 cup each
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots, garlic, thyme and sage and cook, stirring until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cherries, salt, pepper and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the wild rice. Transfer to the prepared dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until rice is heated through.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.