caribbean chicken with mango kiwi-salsa
prep time: 12 minutes
cook time: 12 minutes
ready in: 24 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 6 oz. each
- 1 teaspoon dry Caribbean Jerk seasoning, or more to taste
- 1½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 medium size ripe mango (about 1½ cups) peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium ripe kiwi (about 1/2 cup) peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley leaves, washed and chopped
- Lightly sprinkle jerk seasoning on both sides of chicken. Broil chicken, 4" from the heat source, for 6–8 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Meanwhile, mix lime juice with the fruits, gingerroot and cilantro or parsley in a medium bowl; toss together.
- Cover and chill while cooking chicken. Ladle 1/2 cup of salsa on top of each hot chicken breast.
- Suggestion: Serve with rice or roasted potatoes, a tossed salad and crusty bread.
per serving: 210 calories, 4g fat, 1g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 29g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.