brussels sprouts with mustard sauce
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, rinsed, cut in half and trimmed of outer layer
- 1/2 cup Nature's Promise® low sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add Brussels sprouts cut side down, cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup vegetable stock, stirring to pick up bits on bottom of pan; cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes until slightly charred and tender.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from pan and stir in remaining 1/4 cup vegetable stock and mustard. Reduce heat and cook until slightly thickened, then drizzle sauce over Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with pepper.
per serving: 120 calories, 4g total fat, .5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 17g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 5g sugars, 4g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.