apple goat cheese bruschetta
prep time: 20 min
cook time: 3 min
ready in: 23 min
makes: 32 servings, 1 ounce each
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups apple; peeled, cored and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 16 oz. French bread (3 inch round)
- Preheat broiler and set the oven rack 3 to 4 inches from the heat source.
- Toss together the goat cheese, apple, thyme, oregano and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
- Cut 32 slices of bread 1/4 inch thick (about 3/4 of the loaf). Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Toast under the broiler until golden brown, 1-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle the goat cheese mixture evenly over the bread slices. Return bread to oven to broil until cheese is softened, about 1 minute more.
per serving: 50 calories, 2g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 7g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 2g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.