June 26, 2013
Stop & Shop New England
Stop & Shop to Celebrate Opening of Second Store in Nantucket, Mass. on Friday, June 28
New location offers special summertime promotions and year-round deals to better serve island customers
(QUINCY, Mass.) June 26, 2013 - The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced today it will officially celebrate the opening of its second Nantucket, Mass. location at 5 a.m. this Friday, June 28. The new store, located at 9 Salem Street, offers Nantucket residents key grocery essentials including fresh produce, seafood, meats and great value with Stop & Shop's Own Brand products. The store is conveniently located downtown, just blocks from the ferry.
Town officials, local media, and residents are invited to attend the opening weekend ceremony, which will commence with a ribbon-cutting ceremony lead by Store Manager Dick Clifford and town officials on Friday, June 28 at 10 a.m.
Special promotions and savings are available to customers throughout the weekend, including sand pails filled with Stop & Shop brand items on Friday, June 28 through Sunday, June 30. Stop & Shop is giving away 1,500 sand pails filled with essentials that are perfect for everything from beach days to business trips. The pail will include items like snacks, suntan lotion, and toiletry items. The first 500 customers at the store each day will receive a bucket.
"Stop & Shop is proud to be a long-term member of the Nantucket community," said Joe Kelley, president, Stop & Shop New England Division. "We are thrilled to open our new store, and to expand our product offerings and great customer service to the island. This additional location will help us better serve the needs of Nantucket residents and visitors alike."
Just in time for the summer season, the new store will offer Nantucket residents and visitors full-service meat, seafood and deli departments, fresh produce, as well as an expanded organic and natural section. The store will also feature specialty and kosher foods, a selection of gourmet cheeses, and an olive bar.
Savings in Store & Beyond
- Weekly Specials! and Real Deals! (items on sale for several weeks) can be identified in store and in the circular.
- Stop & Shop's Own Brands products for additional quality, variety, and everyday value:
- Stop & Shop Brand - hundreds of items across the store
- Nature's Promise® - natural and organic products
- CareOne® - quality health and beauty products
- Simply Enjoy - restaurant inspired appetizers, desserts and specialty foods
- Smart Living - household supplies
- Companion - pet food and supplies
- Stop & Shop Gas Rewards: Each dollar spent shopping with the Stop & Shop card earns a point. Every 100 points saves 10 cents per gallon at the pump. Redeeming points is easy - Gas Rewards points are accepted at all Stop & Shop gas stations and at participating Shell fuel stations. A Shell station is conveniently located on the island on 41 Sparks Avenue.
- A+ School Rewards: Stop & Shop's program to support local schools is a free and easy way for customers to help the school of their choice receive funding every year. Current Nantucket schools enlisted in the program include Cyrus Peirce Middle School, Montessori Children's House of Nantucket, Nantucket Elementary, Nantucket High School, Nantucket Lighthouse School, and Nantucket New School. These schools earned a combined $6,387 for the 2012-2013 school year. Visit stopandshop.com/aplus for details.
The new Nantucket Stop & Shop, located at 9 Salem Street, will be open 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. grand opening day, Friday, Jun. 28. Regular store hours are 5 a.m. - 11 p.m., seven days a week.
In March 2013, Stop & Shop acquired the lease of the former Grand Union location at 9 Salem Street.
For additional store details, information about in-store offerings and savings or Stop & Shop's community partnerships, visit www.stopandshop.com or www.facebook.com/stopandshop.
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs approximately 60,000 associates and operates 400 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness - with emphasis on children's educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA's Smart Way program; has been awarded LEED (EB) certifications for 54 of its existing stores; and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com and www.facebook.com/stopandshop.